Stewart & Calhoun Funeral Home | The Home That Service Built
Greetings from Stewart and Calhoun Funeral Home & Cremation Service. When you have suffered the loss of a loved one, you can trust us to take care of the arrangements with care and consideration. We understand that each individual’s situation is unique.
Our funeral directors will help you create a ceremony that is meaningful and fully affordable for you and your family. Whether burial or cremation, our staff can take care of all arrangements, relieving you of unnecessary burdens.
Over 50 Years of Serving The Community
Under the tutelage of his father William E. Calhoun, co-founder of Stewart & Calhoun Funeral Home and Cremation Service in Akron, Ohio, in 2006 W. Byron Calhoun branched out and opened Calhoun Funeral Home locations in the Cleveland area. “Celebrating the Lives of Those You Love Together”-Family- Friends & Community…
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, Stewart & Calhoun Funeral Home is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director’s main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services we provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in the newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
For more information about our professional services, please contact us by e-mail or call at (330)535-1543. We’re here to help.